Orange Smoothie


Orange Smoothie

 Ingredients:

2 cups Greek yogurt
2 cups frozen mango chunks
2 cups frozen peach slices
1 cup pineapple chunks
1 cup chopped carrots
1 banana, peeled and chopped
1/4  cup honey
1 cup orange juice

Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend thoroughly.  

Notes:

*  I halved the recipe and it still made a great deal.  
* I used frozen pineapple chunks
* I used half of a banana, but I could see leaving the banana out
* I used fresh orange juice with pulp

The drink is not overly sweet, despite all of the fruit.  Theoretically, you could use any sweetener:  sugar, agave nectar, honey, Stevia, Truvia, etc.

The author of the recipe described it as a cross between a Dreamsicle and an Orange Julius.  I wouldn't go that far.  It is refreshing, not too sweet, and with it's light orange color and fruit, held the promise of Spring on a wintery day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment