Apple Pie Smoothie

Apple Pie Smoothie


1 apple, cored and diced
1 cup almond milk, unsweetened and unflavored
1/3 cup full fat coconut milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp to 3/4 tsp. ground cinammon
Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
1 scoop protein or collagen powder
2 low cal sweeteners like Truvia
Ice, in smaller pieces

Dice the apple into tiny pieces (this helps it blend faster and smoother.)  Add apple, almond milk, coconut milk, vanilla extract and cinammon to blender and blend.   Taste for flavor in case adjustments have to be made.  Add ice and blend again.

NOTES:

I core the apple then cut it into tiny pieces as I think it speeds the blending process along.  

I have used the pinch of nutmeg in the paste, but it's so overpowering for me (even a pinch,) that I just skip it.  That way I truly get an apple taste.

If you were serving for a guest, you could add two thin slices of apple on the rim of the glass, or in the center of the glass top, depending on the size of the glass.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment