Peach & Almond Butter Smoothie

Peach & Almond Butter Smoothie


1 cup unsweetened, unflavored almond milk

1 tablespoon almond butter

1-2 drops almond extract

1 peach, pitted and diced or 1 cup frozen peach slices

1 scoop of protein powder or collagen power

Sweetener (2 packs Truvia)

Broken down ice, about one cup

Pinch of nutmeg (optional)


In a blender, combine all ingredients, minus the ice (if using.)  Go through first blend, then add ice and blend again.  Garnish with a fresh peach slice or a pinch of nutmeg.

Notes:

*  I use fresh peaches, seasonally.  During the cooler months, I use sliced frozen peaches.  I've also used white peaches, which have a sweeter flavor.

* Even though the original recipe says you can use nutmeg, I find even the smallest amount is still too much for the delicate flavor of this smoothie.

*  When I've been short of almond butter, I have also resorted to using regular peanut butter, crunchy or smooth.


No comments:

Post a Comment